The Stability Ball Russian Twist Improves Core And Shoulder Strength
To Make The Russian Twist More Difficult Place Inflated Discs Under Each Foot Or Hold A Medicine Ball
- Form a bridge position on the stability ball with feet hip width, knees at right angles.
- Position your mid back to your head on the ball.
- Raise both arms to a parallel position above shoulders. Press hands together.
- Slowly rotate upper body to the right resting your weight on your right shoulder.
- Return slowly to start position.
- Repeat the movement to the left.
- Continue twisting side-to-side for desired repetitions.
- Return to start postion.
- Walk feet toward the ball until you reach a seated position.
- Slowly rise up and off the ball.
Modifications: 1) Reduce the amount of air in the ball. 2) Perform fewer repetitions.
Technique: Maintain stability as you move. Use the correct size stability ball where your knees create a 90 degree angle. Point feet forward and avoid sagging.