- 1 scoop plant-based unflavored protein powder
- 1/2 cup vegan milk: almond, oats, hemp, soy
- 3/4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons nut or seed butter: peanut, almond, hazelnut, sunflower
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or substitute
- In a mixing bowl combine protein powder and milk.
- Add chia seeds, peanut butter, and sweetener.
- Stir and combine well.
- Add in oats. Mix well.
- Scoop mixture into a container. Close container with a lid.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Optional toppings: granola, sliced strawberries, blueberries, sliced peaches.
- Serve as is or spread on whole wheat crackers.
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 5 cups spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Using a cast iron skillet, saute carrots, celery, onions, and garlic in olive oil for several minutes.
- Place the mixture into a large cookpot.
- Add remaining ingredients. Combine well.
- Cover and cook over low to medium heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring frequently.
- Cast iron skillet
- Large cookpot with lid
- Optional food processor for vegetable prep
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Black Lentils, Rinsed
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Shallot, Peeled and Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Stone Ground Mustard
- 4 Fluid Ounces Sherry Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 12 Fluid Ounces Olive Oil
- In a heavy bottom pot add lentils, garlic and water. Bring to a boil and quickly lowe to simmer.
- Cook approximately 50 minutes, until lentils become tender.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to completely cool. Set aside.
- While lentil mixture is cooling, prepare the dressing.
- In a food processor., add shallots, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Puree dressing mixture for 30 seconds.
- With motor running, add oil in a quick, steady stream. Add parsely.
- Remove dressing from processor, and combine with lentils. Mix well.
- 3 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Flakes
- 3/4 Cup Sliced or Chopped Toasted Almonds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Safflower or Sunflower Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix Oats, Flour, Coconut, Cinnamon, and Almonds, in a medium size bowl.
- Mix Maple Syrup, Oil and Vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Combine Syrup Mixture with Oat Mixture. Stir until evenly coated.
- Pour mixture onto oiled baking sheet. Spread oil to cover evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Stir, and bake another 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Allow to cool before storing.
- Placed granola in a storage container. Refrigerate.
- Makes about 8 servings.