- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Black Lentils, Rinsed
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Shallot, Peeled and Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Stone Ground Mustard
- 4 Fluid Ounces Sherry Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 12 Fluid Ounces Olive Oil
- In a heavy bottom pot add lentils, garlic and water. Bring to a boil and quickly lowe to simmer.
- Cook approximately 50 minutes, until lentils become tender.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to completely cool. Set aside.
- While lentil mixture is cooling, prepare the dressing.
- In a food processor., add shallots, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Puree dressing mixture for 30 seconds.
- With motor running, add oil in a quick, steady stream. Add parsely.
- Remove dressing from processor, and combine with lentils. Mix well.