KITCHEN UTENSILS: 12 Cup Muffin Pan, Paper Muffin Cups (optional), 2 Mixing Bowls
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup molasses or honey
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Optional: 12 paper muffin cups
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine wheat bran, flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir in nuts and raisins. Set mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl blend applesauce, milk, molasses, oil and egg.
- Add moist mixture to dry ingredients and stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into oiled muffin tin, or paper muffin cups.
- Bake muffins for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Recipe serves 12.