How To Do A Seated Calf Stretch
- Sit upright on a bench.
- Position one leg on the bench with kneecap and toe pointing straight up. The opposite foot rests on the floor.
- Wrap a stretch strap around the ball of the foot.
- Draw in the abs and be sure the leg is straight.
- Pull toes toward the knee until a good stretch is felt in the calf. Hold 20 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat on the other leg. Maintain upright posture throughout.
- Avoid slouching, rounding the shoulders, allowing the arch of the foot collapse, or the knee to rotate inward.
- If you don’t have a bench, perform the exercise sitting on the floor with the strap wrapped around both feet.
- For back support, lean your back against the wall.
- If you don’t have a stretch strap, use a thick elastic band.
How To Do A Seated Row With Elastic Straps
- Sit upright toward the end of a bench. Feet on floor, hip width, toes forward.
- Hold handles firmly in neutral grip.
- Squeeze shoulder blades together and slowly pull handles toward you.
- Maintain upright position throughout exercise. Avoid shoulder shrugging or leaning forward.
- Perform desired repetitions and sets.
How To Strengthen Glutes From A Standing Balanced Position
A Basic Glute Strength Core Stabilization Exercise For Home or Outdoors
All You Need Is Elastic Tubing
- Attach one end of the tube handle to a secure hook.
- Walk away from the point of origin. The further away you are from the hook, the greater the resistance.
- Place the other tube handle around left foot.
- Place hands on hips or waist.
- Stand on right foot.
- Slowly bend left knee, while raising the left foot off floor.
- Slowly return left foot to floor.
- Repeat on same foot for desired repetitions.
- Switch to standing on the left foot and repeat desired repetitions.
Modifications: 1) Use a lighter tube for decreased resistance. 2) Stand closer to the point of origin. 3) Perform the exercise without the tube. 4) Perform fewer repetitions. 5) Raise foot at a lower angle.
Technique: The exercise becomes more difficult, with a heavier tube, or standing further back from the point of origin. The goal is shoulder and hip stability throughout the exercise. If you have difficulty with stability, modify the exercise.
How To Do An Elastic Tube Squat To Row
Squat To Row Exercise Strengthens Thighs, Legs, and Arms
Equipment: Elastic Tubing
INSTRUCTIONS: Take hold of the handles. Stand with feet hip width. Stand tall. Bend knees and move downward into a squat. Stand up and pull the handles toward you, and then release. Maintain neutral shoulders. Complete each move slowly with good technique. The depth of the squat depends on your strength. The lower the angle, the harder it is. Continue the exercise for desired repetitions.
COMMON ERRORS: Shrugging shoulders. Moving too fast. Using too much resistance. Leaning forward.
MODIFICATION: Choose a higher angle for your squat.
WHERE TO BUY TUBING
Amazon, Power Systems, Perform Better
Shop Our Health and Fitness Store
EXERCISE DOs and DONTs – As with all exercise programs, when using exercise videos that appear on this site, you need to use common sense. If your muscles are weak, either do the modifications, or don’t attempt this exercise if it’s too difficult for you. When starting an exercise program, be sure to discuss your plans with your healthcare provider