A Basic Glute Strength Core Stabilization Exercise For Home or Outdoors
All You Need Is Elastic Tubing
- Attach one end of the tube handle to a secure hook.
- Walk away from the point of origin. The further away you are from the hook, the greater the resistance.
- Place the other tube handle around left foot.
- Place hands on hips or waist.
- Stand on right foot.
- Slowly bend left knee, while raising the left foot off floor.
- Slowly return left foot to floor.
- Repeat on same foot for desired repetitions.
- Switch to standing on the left foot and repeat desired repetitions.
Modifications: 1) Use a lighter tube for decreased resistance. 2) Stand closer to the point of origin. 3) Perform the exercise without the tube. 4) Perform fewer repetitions. 5) Raise foot at a lower angle.
Technique: The exercise becomes more difficult, with a heavier tube, or standing further back from the point of origin. The goal is shoulder and hip stability throughout the exercise. If you have difficulty with stability, modify the exercise.