Easy Recipe Only 7 Ingredients
It Takes About 20 Minutes To Prepare This Salad
Cooking Tools: Medium Mixing Bowl, Food Processor
- 2 chopped red apples
- 2 diced celery stalks
- 2 cups chopped cooked skinless chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- lettuce leaves, any variety
- Optional: 1/2 cup raisins, alfalfa sprouts
- Cut apples in quarters. Remove core and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Either chop the chicken with a knife, or use a food processor.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients, except lettuce and sprouts.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on serving plates.
- Spoon chicken salad onto lettuce leaves.
- Add optional alfalfa sprouts as a topping over the chicken salad.
- Serve with rustic bread.
- Makes 4 servings
- Refrigerate leftovers.
COOKING TOOLS: Dough Board, Rolling Pin, Cookie Sheet
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 can (15 oz.) pizza crust or ready-made crust
- vegetable cooking spray
- small jar tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small minced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 ounces shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
COOKING UTENSILS: Dough Board, Rolling Pin, Cookie Sheet
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Spread whole wheat flour over dough board.
- Roll out dough with rolling pin to desired crust thickness.
- Coat cookie sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Transfer pizza crust to cookie sheet. Brush olive oil over crust.
- Coat crust with tomato sauce.
- Mix low-fat ricotta cheese with dried basil, onion, garlic, and salt.
- Spread mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle crust with part-skim mozzarella cheese.
- Top cheese with mushrooms and red pepper.
- Bake at 425 °F for 13–15 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden brown.
- Serves 8
Skillets Are Sold by Amazon
KITCHEN UTENSILS: Large Skillet
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 9-inch baked pie shell
- Heat butter in skillet
- Add onion. Sautee until soft. Set aside.
- Beat eggs.
- Add onions, yogurt, milk, and pepper.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Dust with paprika and a few pinches of nutmeg.
- Set oven at 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until center is firm.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
This Recipe Can Be Converted To Vegan by Substituting Firm Tofu or Seitan
- 1 lb. chicken breast or thighs cut into bite-size pieces
- Chicken Substitute: Firm Tofu or Saitan cut into small chunks
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews (whole or pieces)
- Optional toppings: Toasted sesame seeds, chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter
- Optional: 2 teaspoons honey stevia or other sweetener
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a baking pan to arrange chicken, bell peppers and broccoli.
- In sauce pan, combine gravy ingredients.
- Bring gravy to a boil. Reduce to medium heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour gravy over baking pan ingredients. Top with cashews.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked.