Tuscan Style Pasta Recipe
March 16, 2022
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Sliced Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1-1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 12 Cups Fresh Kale Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces (about 2-1/2 pounds).
- 1-1/4 Cups Diced Fresh Tomatoes (substitute 14.5 Ounce Can Tomatoes)
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1-1/2 Cups Cooked Cannellini Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Pound Package Any Style Pasta
- 3/4 Cups Pitted, Chopped Black Olives
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta. Drain water. Add some oil to pasta to prevent sticking. Cover and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium to high heat. Sauté onion in oil 5 minutes, or until softened. Stir in garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Add 6 cups kale, and cook 2 minutes, or until wilted, tossing occasionally. Add remaining kale, tomatoes, vegetable broth, and salt. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and simmer 15 minutes, or until soupy. Toss occasionally.
- Stir in beans and olives.
- Add cooked pasta to the kale mixture. Cook 2 minutes over medium heat, or until pasta absorbs most of the liquid. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.