COOKING TOOLS: Dough Board, Rolling Pin, Cookie Sheet
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 can (15 oz.) pizza crust or ready-made crust
- vegetable cooking spray
- small jar tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small minced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 ounces shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
COOKING UTENSILS: Dough Board, Rolling Pin, Cookie Sheet
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Spread whole wheat flour over dough board.
- Roll out dough with rolling pin to desired crust thickness.
- Coat cookie sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Transfer pizza crust to cookie sheet. Brush olive oil over crust.
- Coat crust with tomato sauce.
- Mix low-fat ricotta cheese with dried basil, onion, garlic, and salt.
- Spread mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle crust with part-skim mozzarella cheese.
- Top cheese with mushrooms and red pepper.
- Bake at 425 °F for 13–15 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden brown.
- Serves 8
20 Minute Raw Carrot Salad
Quick Healthy Recipe: 10 Ingredients – No Cooking
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 4 medium carrots)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews or sunflower seeds
ASIAN SALAD DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 cup orange juice (juice from 1/2 orange)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a mixing bowl, combine carrots, peppers, raisins and sunflower seeds. Set aside.
- In a jar with a lid, combine orange juice, vegetable oil, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, ground ginger, garlic powder and honey. Cover and shake well to blend.
- Add the Asian Salad Dressing to the carrot mixture. Toss the salad to blend.