KITCHEN UTENSILS: 9″ Pie Pan, Medium Size Mixing Bowl, Wax Paper
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 oil
- 1 or 2 tablespoons cold water
- Mix salt and flour in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, blend in the oil, until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Add some water to moisten the crumb mixture.
- Form dough into a ball. Place dough into a pie dish and pat with a large spoon until dish is filled with dough, or roll dough between two pieces of wax paper and transfer to pie pan.
- Fill with favorite pie filling.
KITCHEN UTENSILS: Standard Size Loaf Pan, Large Mixing Bowl, Small Mixing Bowl, Whisk
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup date sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Oil a standard loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flours, date sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, syrup, and water.
- Pour liquid mixture into a large bowl. Combine until just moistened. Batter will be very thick.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into oiled loaf pan.
- Bake loaf 45-50 minutes or until top is browned.
- Remove loaf from oven. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Toppings: soy whipped cream, vanilla flavor vegan ice cream
KITCHEN UTENSILS: 12 Cup Muffin Pan, Paper Muffin Cups (optional), 2 Mixing Bowls
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup molasses or honey
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Optional: 12 paper muffin cups
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine wheat bran, flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir in nuts and raisins. Set mixture aside.
- In a separate bowl blend applesauce, milk, molasses, oil and egg.
- Add moist mixture to dry ingredients and stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into oiled muffin tin, or paper muffin cups.
- Bake muffins for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Recipe serves 12.
KITCHEN UTENSILS: 2 Mixing Bowls, Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 1/2 pounds mashed firm tofu
- 3 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- wheat germ, or oat bran to coat patties
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Knead ingredients until blended.
- Form into patties.
- Add either wheat germ or oat bran to another mixing bowl.
- Coat patties in wheat germ or oat bran.
- Add oil to a cast iron skillet. Fry patties until golden brown.