Vegan Chickpea-Quinoa Soup Recipe
April 8, 2022
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans chickpeas (rinsed & drained)
- 5 cups spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Using a cast iron skillet, saute carrots, celery, onions, and garlic in olive oil for several minutes.
- Place the mixture into a large cookpot.
- Add remaining ingredients. Combine well.
- Cover and cook over low to medium heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring frequently.
- Cast iron skillet
- Large cookpot with lid
- Optional food processor for vegetable prep