20 Minute Raw Carrot Salad
Quick Healthy Recipe: 10 Ingredients – No Cooking
- 2 cups shredded carrots (about 4 medium carrots)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews or sunflower seeds
ASIAN SALAD DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 cup orange juice (juice from 1/2 orange)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a mixing bowl, combine carrots, peppers, raisins and sunflower seeds. Set aside.
- In a jar with a lid, combine orange juice, vegetable oil, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, ground ginger, garlic powder and honey. Cover and shake well to blend.
- Add the Asian Salad Dressing to the carrot mixture. Toss the salad to blend.
Heathy Meals Don’t Have To Be Time-Consuming
This recipe is based on preference, and ingredients you have on hand that don’t require cooking. Vegetables such as carrots and beets require more prep time, since you’ll have to either grate or slice them into bite size pieces. The point is to save time without sacrificing nutrition. Choose veggies that are quicker to prepare from the suggested list of ingredients.
SUGGESTED LIST OF INGREDIENTS
- Beans and Lentils (any type)
- Salad Greens (any type)
- Artichoke Hearts (plain, or marinated)
- Grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Apple Cider Vinegar or any favorite dressing
- Walnuts, Sliced Almonds, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Cashews
- Tomato, Cucumber, Sprouts, Avocado, Bell Pepper, Olives, Onions, Scallions, Radishes
- Romaine Lettuce, Iceberg Lettuce, Butter Lettuce, Baby Spinach, Salad Mix
- Canned Tuna or Salmon, Cooked Chicken, Firm Tofu, Feta Cheese
- Oregano, Basil, Salt, Black Pepper, or any favorite seasoning
- No precooking. Just combine ingredients together and add dressing.
- How much of each ingredient you use depends on your preference.
- The more produce and beans, the higher the fiber content.
- Serve with hearty artisan bread.