Strengthening The Front of the Leg Helps To Prevent Tripping and Falling
December 20, 2022
This simple seated strengthening exercise works the anterior tibialis muscle located at the front of your leg. A strong anterior tibialis reduces the risk of injury to your calves and feet, reduces the chances of developing anterior tibialis tendonitis, and reduces the chances of tripping, or developing stress fractures and shin splints
- Connect tubing to a stationary object.
- Sit in a chair with back support, and place a supporting object under extended leg. Or use equipment as shown in the video.
- Place tubing around foot. Other foot rests on floor.
- Slowly flex ankle toward you, and then release.
- Repeat for desired repetitions.
- Change sides and repeat exercise on the opposite leg.