Shrimp Scampi with Squash Linguine Recipe
September 28, 2022
Low Carb One Dish Meal
KITCHEN UTENSILS: Vegetable Spiralizer, Mixing Bowl
- 4 medium size green zucchini
- 3 or 4 medium size yellow squash
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and pat dry zucchini and yellow squash. Remove the ends.
- Using a vegetable spiralizer, insert the linguine attachment.
- Run the zucchini and yellow squash through the spiralizer. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over low-medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Once oil is heated, add minced garlic. Sauté until garlic is lightly toasted.
- Add spiralized vegetables to skillet. Stir and fold the vegetables and garlic for about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place shrimp in skillet on low-medium heat. Add white wine. Continue stirring mixture. Simmer for a few seconds. If needed add more oil.
- Before shrimp are completely pink, add the red pepper flakes, parsley, basil and lemon juice and blend well.
- Lastly, add the spiralized vegetable linguini, garlic and grated cheese to the skillet.
- Over low heat, toss to combine mixture, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a large dish and serve.
- For added flavor top with additional grated cheese.
- Optional: lemon wedges.