- Sit upright on a bench.
- Position one leg on the bench with kneecap and toe pointing straight up. The opposite foot rests on the floor.
- Wrap a stretch strap around the ball of the foot.
- Draw in the abs and be sure the leg is straight.
- Pull toes toward the knee until a good stretch is felt in the calf. Hold 20 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat on the other leg. Maintain upright posture throughout.
- Avoid slouching, rounding the shoulders, allowing the arch of the foot collapse, or the knee to rotate inward.
- If you don’t have a bench, perform the exercise sitting on the floor with the strap wrapped around both feet.
- For back support, lean your back against the wall.
- If you don’t have a stretch strap, use a thick elastic band.