How To Do A Stability Ball Russian Twist
September 10, 2022
The Stability Ball Russian Twist Improves Core And Shoulder Strength
To Make The Russian Twist More Difficult Place Inflated Discs Under Each Foot Or Hold A Medicine Ball
- Form a bridge position on the stability ball with feet hip width, knees at right angles.
- Position your mid back to your head on the ball.
- Raise both arms to a parallel position above shoulders. Press hands together.
- Slowly rotate upper body to the right resting your weight on your right shoulder.
- Return slowly to start position.
- Repeat the movement to the left.
- Continue twisting side-to-side for desired repetitions.
- Return to start postion.
- Walk feet toward the ball until you reach a seated position.
- Slowly rise up and off the ball.
Modifications: 1) Reduce the amount of air in the ball. 2) Perform fewer repetitions.
Technique: Maintain stability as you move. Use the correct size stability ball where your knees create a 90 degree angle. Point feet forward and avoid sagging.