The Bench Pike Push-Up Is A Bodyweight Exercise That Strengthens Core, Arms, Shoulders
- Place hands shoulder width on floor and feet slightly apart on bench.
- Position yourself into a pike (inverted V). Crown of head in line with tailbone.
- Curl toes under.
- Bend elbows outward and slowly lower while aiming forehead toward floor.
- Stop when your forehead is an inch from the floor.
- Slowly push-up to the start position.
- Maintain shoulder and hip stabilization throughout.
- Repeat movement for desired repetitions.
ERRORS: 1) Arching your back. 2) Shrugging shoulders. 3) Looking up. 4) Lifting palms off floor.
MODIFICATIONS: Lower only part of the way down.
EQUIPMENT: Weight Bench