The Pike Push-Up Is A Bodyweight Strength Training Exercise That Works Core, Biceps and Shoulders
- Step onto mat. Place hands shoulder width, and feet hip width.
- Lift tailbone and place your body in an inverted V pike position.
- Knees straight but not locked.
- Head positioned between arms.
- Bend elbows and slowly lower until forehead touches mat.
- Slowly push up to starting pike position.
- Maintain spinal stability and control throughout exercise.
- Keep your breath steady and avoid straining.
ERRORS: Lifting shoulders toward ears. Looking up. Straining.
MODIFICATIONS: If you begin to lose control of the exercise, move only part of the way down.