The Pike Push-Up Is A Bodyweight Strength Training Exercise That Works Core, Biceps and Shoulders
Mats are sold by Power Systems, Perform Better and Amazon
- Step onto mat. Place hands shoulder width, and feet hip width.
- Lift tailbone and place your body in an inverted V pike position.
- Knees straight but not locked.
- Head positioned between arms.
- Bend elbows and slowly lower until forehead touches mat.
- Slowly push up to starting pike position.
- Maintain spinal stability and control throughout exercise.
- Keep your breath steady and avoid straining.
ERRORS: Lifting shoulders toward ears. Looking up. Straining.
MODIFICATIONS: If you begin to lose control of the exercise, move only part of the way down.
The Bench Pike Push-Up Is A Bodyweight Exercise That Strengthens Core, Arms, Shoulders
Weight Bench is sold by Amazon, Power Systems and Perform Better
- Place hands shoulder width on floor and feet slightly apart on bench.
- Position yourself into a pike (inverted V). Crown of head in line with tailbone.
- Curl toes under.
- Bend elbows outward and slowly lower while aiming forehead toward floor.
- Stop when your forehead is an inch from the floor.
- Slowly push-up to the start position.
- Maintain shoulder and hip stabilization throughout.
- Repeat movement for desired repetitions.
ERRORS: 1) Arching your back. 2) Shrugging shoulders. 3) Looking up. 4) Lifting palms off floor.
MODIFICATIONS: Lower only part of the way down.
EQUIPMENT: Weight Bench