- Stand with feet hip to shoulder width apart . Toes pointing forward.
- Hinge at the hips and slightly bend the knees to grab onto the barbell with hands slightly wider than shins. Grip is pronated.
- Brace abs and position the bar over midfoot.
- With the back flat and bar close to the shins and thighs, push into the floor to lift the bar.
- Maintain head and torso angle until the bar passes the knees, then stand upright.
- Reverse the pattern, hinging at the hips to initiate, to return the bar to its starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Avoid rounding the spine, over emphasizing the knee bend, losing head position or rounding the shoulders.