- 2 cups uncooked bowtie pasta
- 4 cups vegetable broth, or other flavor according to preference
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Olive Oil
- Prepare the pasta. When cooked, drain off all water. Return to cook pot and add about 1-2 tablespoons olive oil to prevent sticking. Cover and set aside.
- In a separate pot, bring broth to a boil. Lower to medium flame.
- Add beans, tomatoes, Italian seasoning and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Add spinach and cook until softened. Approximately 2 minutes.
- Place 1 cup cooked bowtie pasta in each soup bowl.
- Ladle the soup over the pasta.