The Leg Curl Strengthens the Hamstrings and Calves
Video Demonstration on the Leg Curl Machine
- Lie face down on the leg curl machine with feet hip width.
- Slowly pull toes toward knees.
- Bring heels toward the glutes as far as possible without arching the lower back or lifting hips off of the pad.
- Slowly release the weight to the start position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
CAUTIONS: arching the low back, pointing or turning toes outward, dropping the head toward the pad, moving too fast.
EXERCISE DOs and DONTs – As with all exercise programs, when using exercise videos that appear on this site, you need to use common sense. If your muscles are weak, either do the modifications, or don’t attempt this exercise if it’s too difficult for you. When starting an exercise program, be sure to discuss your plans with your healthcare provider