- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 4 mashed ripe medium-size bananas (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soy milk or rice milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins or pitted dates sliced into small pieces
- Oil for pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and wheat germ in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- Using a large bowl, mash bananas well, and add then add sugar. Add soy milk and vanilla. Combine.
- Add the dry mixture to the moist mixture. Combine. Mix in dry fruit.
- Coat a 9 x 9 inch baking pan with vegetable oil.
- Pour batter into oiled pan. Bake about 55 minutes, or until center is dry.
- Recipe serves 9.