- 1 lb Brussell Sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Almond Milk*
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Roasted Cashews
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/3 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Optional : A few dashes of Siracha
- *Milk Substitute: any vegan milk according to preference.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Trim, and cut Brussel sprouts in half. Add sprouts to water. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Drain Brussels sprouts and rinse with cold water. Transfer to medium bowl. Set aside.
- In small blender or food processor, combine cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic and basil until mixture becomes fine and crumby.
- In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil. Whisk in rice flour until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Slowly whisk in almond milk, nutmeg and salt, stirring until mixture is smooth and creamy. Whisk in ½ the cashew mixture.
- Pour sauce over Brussels sprouts and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to 2.5-quart casserole dish. Spread out evenly.
- In small bowl, combine remaining cashew mixture with panko bread crumbs and sprinkle on top of casserole. Drizzle olive oil evenly on top of crumb mixture.
- Bake casserole for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.