- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup White Rice Flour
- Place water, oil and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Remove from stove and add flour. Mix flour until mixture is smooth and there are no clumps.
- Cover mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Oil hands lightly to handle the dough to prevent sticking. Remove dough from pot. Place on parchment or wax paper.
- Knead dough briefly to form a ball. Roll ball into a cylinder shape.
- Divide cylinder into 8 equal-sized pieces. Shape each piece into a ball.
- On parchment or wax paper, roll each ball of dough into 6 inch rounds.
- Oil a skillet. Place skillet on a medium to high heat.
- Cook each round until browned. Takes about 3 minutes each side.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Store each roti between parchment paper, or wax paper.
- Recipe makes eight 6 inch roti.