KITCHEN UTENSILS: Standard Size Loaf Pan, Large Mixing Bowl, Small Mixing Bowl, Whisk
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup date sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Oil a standard loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flours, date sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, syrup, and water.
- Pour liquid mixture into a large bowl. Combine until just moistened. Batter will be very thick.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into oiled loaf pan.
- Bake loaf 45-50 minutes or until top is browned.
- Remove loaf from oven. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Toppings: soy whipped cream, vanilla flavor vegan ice cream