KITCHEN UTENSILS: 2 Mixing Bowls, 12 Cup Muffin Pan, 12 Cup Muffin Papers
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups peeled, chopped tart apples
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 to 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Optional: 12 Cup Muffin Papers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine milk, oil, egg and honey. Set aside.
- Stir together dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the moist ingredients. Combine until moist.
- Fold in chopped apples. Combine well.
- Using a spoon, drop muffin mixture to 2/3 full into oiled muffin tin, or into muffin papers.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.