KITCHEN TOOLS: 2 large mixing bowls, 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together moist ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
- Add dry mixture to moist mixture and combine well.
- Pour batter into an oiled loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until bread is firm at the center.
- Allow loaf to cool before slicing.
- Optional toppings: Yogurt, Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream