Vegan Corn Tacos with Avocado and Tomato
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- salt to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- preferred toppings
- Place the TVP In a medium bowl. Stir 1 cup hot water into the TVP.
- Set aside TVP and allow to absorb the water.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over low-medium heat.
- Add garlic to skillet. Saute about 3 – 4 minutes
- Add onion to skillet. Saute until soft.
- Drain any remaining water from TVP.
- Add TVP to onions and garlic mixture. Combine well.
- Add tomato paste, taco seasoning, and 1/2 cup water. Combine well.
- Cook mixture over low-medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add vinegar. Stir into mixture.
- Add salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Warm tortillas in a lightly oiled skillet over low flame.
- Recipe makes 8 tortillas.
- Toppings: Shredded lettuce, Alfafla Sprouts, Grated Cheese, Fresh Cilantro Leaves, Chopped Tomatos, Chopped Avocado