Yoga blocks are made from durable, scratch-resistant, lightweight foam, and are shaped like rectangles with rounded edges.
The blocks measure 9″ wide by 6″ high by 4″ deep, and come in multiple colors, with prices ranging from $9.00 to $12.00.
Five Reasons You Need To Use Yoga Blocks
- Prevents struggling, and makes your practice more enjoyable.
- Safely supports and modifies poses.
- Brings the floor closer to you.
- Provides stability, and extra height.
- Braces your weight, and keeps you balanced.
Who Benefits From Using Blocks?
- Pregnant Women
- Anyone with tight muscles, or injuries.
How To Use Yoga Blocks
- Under your hand in Trikonasa (Triangle Pose), and in Arda Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose).
- Under your feet or low back in Setu Bandasana Sarvangasana (Bridge Pose).
- Sitting on a block in Gomukhasana (Cow Face Pose), and Virasana (Hero Pose).
- Under your head when there is excessive arching of your neck in supine poses, as in Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose).
When To Use A Yoga Block
- Can’t reach the mat in Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend)? You need a block under each hand.
- Using your fingertips instead of the palms of your hands? Use a block under your hand.
- Is your front knee bending in Parivritta Trikonasana (Revolved Triangle)? Use a block under your hand.
- Do your feet hurt in Virasana (Hero Pose)? Sit on a block.
Where To Buy Yoga Blocks
There are many internet sites where you buy Yoga blocks. Three are listed below. These companies also sell a full line of Yoga clothing and equipment.
Copyright 2013 Irene Pastore and Blue Moon Personal Training
2 thoughts on “How, When, and Why To Use Yoga Blocks”
I see you don’t monetize your site, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn additional bucks every month because you’ve
got hi quality content. If you want to know how to
make extra $$$, search for: best adsense alternative Dracko’s tricks
I would strongly suggest FitDango.com for the best quality, standard bamboo or cork or foam yoga blocks that are very durable. Have been using my block since 3 years for now..