Have you met the gym know-it-all? The one who doles out exercise advice at your gym, or employee fitness center. They’re ready, willing, and able to tell you how you should go about your exercise routine.
Would you allow an amateur photographer take pictures of your wedding? Probably not. Then why allow an amateur to give you fitness advice?
- Your friends are not professionally trained to give exercise advice.
- Your friends do not know how to assess your abilities.
- Your friends are not familiar with the exercise equipment that suits you best.
- Your friends don’t have a clue about exercises that are risky, or even dangerous.
- Your friends don’t know how to design exercise programs for you, themselves or anyone else.
- You’ll wind up with an injury.
- You’ll waste your time, and won’t get results.
- Your friends do not know how to prevent exercise injuries during training sessions.
- Your friends are unqualified.
- Your friends can’t help you achieve your health and fitness goals.
Copyright 2013 Irene Pastore and Blue Moon Personal Training