The Incline Push-Up With Rotation Is An Upper Body Strength and Core Stabilization Exercise
- Begin in a high plank position with feet hip-width apart and arms extended.
- Place hands on a flat bench or other elevated platform, slightly wider than shoulder-width.
- Draw in the abdomen and contract the glutes to maintain the body in a straight line.
- Perform a push-up as normal, lowering your body within your range of control.
- At the top of the motion rotate the body and reach the arm toward the ceiling.
- Allow the feet to rotate naturally while maintaining stability.
- Return to high plank position and perform for desired number of repetitions.
- Keep the body stable.
- Avoid shrugging shoulders.
Eliminate the bench. Perform a standard push-up on an exercise mat, and then rotate into a side plank.
Ability to perform a standard push-up on an exercise mat and a side plank.