Warrior II For The Pregnant Body
The Prenatal Warrior II Pose, Strengthens Shoulders and Hamstrings, Stretches Inner Thighs, and Quadriceps
- Begin with Mountain Pose (standing position with arms at sides).
- Leading with right foot, take a big step sideways. The distance between your feet is about the length of one leg. Toes point straight.
- Raise your arms slowly to shoulder level. Fingers point straight.
- Shoulders are stacked directly over hips.
- Slowly turn your head to the right gazing at right hand.
- Breath deeply as you hold the Warrior II pose for 20 to 30 seconds.
- After holding, release the pose and repeat leading with the left foot.
- Step feet closer if your pose isn’t steady, or you’re not comfortable with the distance.
- Hands in prayer position at the heart center, if your shoulders are tired.
- Reduce holding time if you feel tired, or strained.