Warrior I For The Pregnant Body
The Prenatal Warrior I Pose Strengthens Shoulders, Stretches Inner Thighs, Hamstrings, Calves and Quadriceps
- Begin with Mountain Pose (standing position with arms at sides).
- Leading with right foot, take a big step forward. The distance between your feet is about the length of one leg. Toes point straight.
- Turn the left foot forward and lift heel slightly off mat. Keep back leg straight.
- Raise your arms slowly until hands reach toward ceiling. Gently press hands together in prayer position.
- Shoulders are stacked directly over hips.
- Focus your gaze forward with neck long.
- Do not raise shoulders upward.
- Breath deeply as you hold the Warrior I pose for 20 to 30 seconds.
- After holding, release the pose and repeat leading with the left foot.
- Step feet closer if your pose isn’t steady, or you’re not comfortable with the distance.
- Place hands in prayer position at the heart center, if your shoulders are tired.
- Reduce holding time if you feel tired, or strained.
- Allow back knee to bend if balance is difficult.