The Floor Bridge Is A Basic Core Stabilization Exercise That Strengthens The Glutes and Hamstrings
- Lie on your back. Bend knees at a 90 degree angle.
- Maintain neutral low back.
- Place feet on mat at hip width.
- Place your arms out to the sides palms down.
- Gently draw the shoulder blades back.
- Draw your navel toward your spine as you lift your lower back off mat.
- Bridge the body up into a straight line with knees higher than hips, and hips higher than shoulders.
- Pause for a few seconds , and then slowly lower the spine down to the mat.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Move slowly and maintain stability throughout the exercise.
ERRORS: Arching the low back. Flattening the low back to the mat. Raising shoulders toward ears. Placing feet together or too wide apart.