TEST YOUR GMOs QUIZ
(Answers appear at bottom of page).
True or False
The Most common foods containing GMOs are:
- Canned Soup
- Frozen Food
- Baby Formula
- Packaged Sweetened Juices
- Packaged Cereal
- Vegetable and Canola Oil
- Carbonated Soft Drinks
True or False
11. If you buy organically grown food, you can avoid GMOs.
12. High risk foods containing GMOs are corn, zucchini, yellow summer squash, and foods containing soy.
13. The USDA National Organic Standards prohibit GMOs.
14. Hawaiian papaya contains GMOs.
15. Food bearing these labels are guaranteed not to contain GMOs.
16. Most fresh produce is non-GMO, with the exception of corn, soybeans, zucchini, yellow summer squash, and Hawaiian papaya.
Answers for all questions are TRUE.
To avoid all GMOs, buy organic. This is not always feasible for many people, because of local selection, and cost.
Growing or sprouting your own food from organic seeds, is an alternative that isn’t as expensive.
The Non GMO Shopping Guide, published by The Institute for Responsible Technology.
Irene Pastore is a native New Yorker, health and fitness blogger, and personal trainer. Irene owns this website, and writes all the blog posts. For her complete bio, visit the About Page.
Copyright 2016 Irene Pastore and Tour De Core.com
cheerios maker GM to label gmos in us product