ABS ON THE BALL
Style: Core Stabilization
Equipment: Exercise Ball, Exercise Mat, Athletic Shoes (optional).
Muscles Worked: Abs
How To Perform Abs On The Ball
- Get onto all fours with wrists under shoulders, and knees under hips. Slide the ball under your abdomen.
- Slowly move into a downward plank position and roll the ball under your legs, as shown in Starting Position.
- Slowly pull your tailbone upward toward the ceiling, until your body forms a V, as shown in Finish Position.
- Return to Start Position and repeat for 10-12 repetitions, or fewer depending on tolerance.
Place the ball under your thighs, instead of your legs. Placing the ball closer to your feet, makes the exercise more difficult.
- Move slowly throughout.
- Avoid shaking.
- If you experience discomfort, or pains in your wrists, stop the exercise.
- The exercise can be performed with, or without wearing athletic shoes.
- Do not perform this exercise if you lack shoulder, abdominal, or forearm strength.
- Do not perform this exercise if you are a beginner, if you’re in a hurry, or showing off in front of friends. Injuries aren’t worth it.
- Use the correct size exercise ball.
Copyright 2013 Irene Pastore and Blue Moon Personal Training
One thought on “Exercise of the Month: April 2013”
Outstanding quest there. What occurred after?