THE LAT PULLDOWN
Type: Strength Training Exercise
Equipment: Lat Pulldown Pulley Machine
- Sit with your back straight. With both knees forming right angles, place knees directly under the knee pad.
- Grip the overhead bar slightly wider than your shoulders.
- Slowly pull the bar to chest level, moving elbows behind you, drawing shoulder blades together.
- Slowly return the bar to the start position.
- Keep movements smooth, slow and controlled.
- Exhale as you bring the bar down. Inhale as you release the bar up.
- Do not bring the bar behind your neck. Doing this, may lead to injury.
- Do not throw your head back.
- Do not overload the bar with too much weight. Doing so, may lead to injury.
- Do not attempt this exercise if you experience pain.
- Do not yank the bar down.
The exercise described in this post is informational, and not meant to replace the guidance of a personal trainer in a live setting. Exercises performed incorrectly may result in injury.
Copyright 2013 Irene Pastore and Blue Moon Personal Training