WHAT IS A BOSU BALANCE TRAINER?
The BOSU Balance Trainer is a versatile exerciser that looks like a stability ball cut in half. BOSU means “both sides up”, because it can be used on both sides.
With the dome side up, and flat side down, the BOSU remains stable. Stepping onto to the dome, you can perform exercises on the unstable surface. Turning the BOSU over, the platform becomes very unstable, for more advanced exercises.
WHY USE THE BOSU?
- Increase your ability to balance, and improve your coordination.
- Keeps your mind alert, and your body active. Using the BOSU makes you concentrate.
- You can perform hundreds of exercises on the BOSU.
WHO SHOULD USE THE BOSU
- Anyone who wants to improve their balance, and coordination.
- Anyone who wants to improve sports performance.
- Older adults who are concerned about falling due to poor balance.
HOW TO USE THE BOSU
Turn it dome side up, or dome side down for more difficulty.
- Sit on it.
- Lie on it.
- Step up on it with both feet.
- Stand on it with one foot.
- Strength Training
- Flexibility Training
- Sports Conditioning
- Core Training
HOW DOES IT HELP YOU
- Improves your balance by strengthening your stabilizer muscles.
- Teaches you to stay connected to the way you move.
- Makes everyday movement easier.
WHERE TO BUY IT
You can perform hundreds of exercises on the BOSU, and it’s a great addition to your home gym. If you can’t find it locally, the BOSU Balance Trainer is sold at Amazon.
Copyright 2012 Irene Pastore and Blue Moon Personal Training