The Floor Prone Cobra Is A Bodyweight Exercise That Strengthens The Upper Back and Shoulders
Suitable For Home Workouts – Takes Up Little Space – All You Need Is A Mat
- Lie face down on the floor with the arms down at the sides in an “A” position.
- Your body is in a straight line with toes pointing straight.
- Maintain a long neck and look down, glutes flexed, and belly is drawn in.
- Slowly lift your upper body off the mat into a straight line. Keep elbows straight.
- Pull shoulder blades back and down. Reach thumbs toward the ceiling.
- Release slowly and return to starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Looking up at the ceiling.
- Lifting shoulders up toward ears.
- Lifting legs.
- Rounding shoulders forward.
- Drooping head downward.
- Attempting to lift higher causing excessive back arching.
- For additional support, place your hands on either side of your shoulders. Your hands remain in this position for the entire exercise.
- Lift your torso off the mat according to your strength. A small lift is better than attempting to lift too high, and overarching your back as a result.
Work on a well-cushioned, supportive mat during exercise.
EXERCISE DOs and DONTs – As with all exercise programs, when using exercise videos that appear on this site, you need to use common sense. If your muscles are weak, either do the modifications, or don’t attempt this exercise if it’s too difficult for you. When starting an exercise program, be sure to discuss your plans with your healthcare provider
WHERE TO PURCHASE EXERCISE MATS
Note About Product Links: Product links provided in this post may expire or be changed by the vendor. If the link doesn’t work, go to our Store, select a vendor, and then search that vendor for a similar item. You can also report non-functioning links by using the Contact Form on this site.