Strengthen Chest, Shoulders, Anterior Deltoids, Triceps
The Decline Push-Up Is A Bodyweight Strengthening Exercise Using A Bench
INSTRUCTIONS: Create the decline position by placing both feet on a bench, hip or shoulder width apart.
- Get into a plank position with your body in a straight line from head to heel.
- Elevate your feet on a bench hip to shoulder width apart.
- Begin with elbows straight but not locked. Hands are slightly wider than shoulders.
- Brace the core and tighten the glutes.
- Slowly lower the chest and descend toward the floor until your head is approximately one inch off the floor.
- Slowly return to the start position. Repeat the exercise.
TECHNIQUE: Maintain neutral shoulders by keeping them from lifting. Avoid rounding your back. Hips don’t sag or lift up. Neck remains long. Do not look up.
MODIFICATION: 1) If the exercise is too difficult, use a lower bench. 2) Perform the exercise without the bench. 3) Perform a modified push-up >link<.
Shop Our Store For Health & Fitness Equipment
EXERCISE DOs and DONTs – As with all exercise programs, when using exercise videos that appear on this site, you need to use common sense. If your muscles are weak, either do the modifications, or don’t attempt this exercise if it’s too difficult for you. When starting an exercise program, be sure to discuss your plans with your healthcare provider